Dr. Forbes brings over 35 years of experience to each NTC project. She has worked in or with every segment of the travel industry except for the airlines, bringing innovative marketing approaches and problem solving to challenging situations, including heading a DMO for three years, which provided a keen appreciation of work in the trenches, budgets, and marketing reach. Primary client sectors have included DMOs, Economic Development Organizations, Scenic Byway Organizations, State Tourism Offices and other organizations serving the tourism industry seeking to improve their results. Dr. Forbes also serves as a Professor of Destination Management and Marketing, at Temple University, in the Masters of Travel and Tourism program and is the author of several books, multiple articles, white papers, research summaries, and other publications focusing on the economic impact of tourism, tourism marketing, and effective agile strategic planning to create organizational sustainability into the future. She is also skilled as an inspiring writer, who has developed text and images to attract visitors to many different destinations.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Summa Cum Laude, University of Wisconsin
- Master of Arts, Art and Architectural History, Summa Cum Laude, University of Wisconsin Ph.D. Environmental Planning, The Union
- Master of Business Administration (thesis remaining) Taft University
- Certificate of Digital Marketing, University of Illinois-Champaign
- Certificate of Digital Advertising, University of Colorado-Boulder
- Certificate of Management Consulting, Emory University
- Certificate of Strategic Leadership, Dartmouth College