Dr. Bergey understands the challenges of business directly having begun his career in the trenches as a partner in a third-generation family business that had been thriving since 1937. After a decision to dedicate his life to service, he returned to college to study history, theology and ultimately, at the doctoral level, Human Development and Organizational Development. He has a proven track record with both privately held businesses and mission-driven non-profit organizations in visioning and transforming systems, creating and sustaining new programs, and engaging groups in addressing adaptive challenges. Dr. Bergey has demonstrated the ability to create and maintain high levels of trust, design collaborative client and staff relationships, deepen organizational identity and learning, design and help implement innovative multi-year transformation processes, lead positive team-building efforts, provide exceptional group facilitation, and consistently move leaders forward by helping them design, develop, and deliver their desired outcomes. He has traveled extensively in all 50 states, managed a 300 person organization, is a Professional Certified Organizational Coach, was a Fellow of invitation-only leadership development program sponsored by Lilly Endowment and focuses on the achievement of organizational goals and building strong teams.
- Bachelor of Arts Summa Cum Laude, History, Goshen College
- Master of Arts, Magna Cum Laude Theological Studies, Anabaptist Mennonite Seminary Master of Arts, Human Development, Fielding Graduate University
- Ph.D. Human and Organizational Systems/Change Leadership, Fielding Graduate University Professional Certified Coach
- *iEQ9 Integrative Enneagram Certification
- Hogan Leadership Forecast Series Certification
- Taylor Protocols Certification
- Genos International Emotional Intelligence Certification