Michael came to the National Travel Center from the private sector of management and marketing, where the delivery of programs that drive results is imperative. He contributes to each National Travel Center project in a variety of ways: first, by helping to set strategy to achieve the results that clients are looking for; second, by using his analytic skills to develop capacity assessments, market and industry research, SWOT analysis, competitive analysis, development of issue trees, and marketing audits. Michael also has a creative side that complements his hard number skills, developing inspiring copy, destination stories, and detailed itineraries. Mr. Sanders was awarded a competitive MBA Graduate Fellow position at Villanova University, during which he conducted research in strategic management, consumer behavior, brand erosion, omnichannel communications, brand loyalty, and influences on harmful product consumption. His experiences since have led to involvement in the execution of on-the-ground, sleeves rolled up, comprehensive marketing programs that have achieved both message reach and significant ROI for his clients.
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Cum Laude, Harvard University
- Master of Business Administration, Strategic Management and Marketing, Villanova University
- Comprehensive Google Certifications, including Analytics IQ, AdWords Search, and AdWords Display
- HubSpot Certifications in Content Marketing, Inbound Marketing, and Email Marketing
- Hootsuite Certification in Social Media Marketing
- SEMRush Certification in SEO Management
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Designation